Wednesday, June 01, 2005

stupid centrelink

could centrelink possibly get anymore annoying? I DONT THINK SO!!! i got a letter in the mail the other day requesting my tax file number and all my pay slips from MARCH! i called them up to confirm my tax file number. but tell them i didnt have all of my payslips. the guy i was speaking to said "you have been working at jeans west for a while havent u?" and i said "yeh for like 3 years now" and then he asked "so why did u sign a new tax declaration form earlier this year" and i was sitting there thinking "wot? wot does that hav to do with anything" so i explained to him that i had to resign for the time i was in china otherwise it would be abandonement of employment but i got my job given back to me when i returned. then he asked for all my payslips. i said i had most of them but not all. he got all annoyed n said they'd write to jeanswest and request all of my payment information.
they are checking up on me to make sure that ive been reporting all my income correctly. the guy then says that if there are any discrepencies they'll contact me and charges may apply if ive reported an incorrect ammount! so i said to him that i have to report the day b4 my pay from jeanswest comes thru, therefore i have to PREDICT wot im gettin paid i never actually know exactly. and he just didnt care. he just repeated, if u have reported wrong you will receive a fine.

OOOMMGGG. i was so angry. this reporting process is total crap. they actually ASK U TO ESTIMATE. now they want to punish u for it. if i get any fines i am going to chuck the biggest fit. there is no way im paying it. centrelink seem to take pleasure in making lives harder for those who already struggle on a day to day basis.

i just hate the way that they make u report ur GROSS income and not ur NET income. it doesnt make sense. i dont get my gross income, that is $50-$100 more than wot i actually get in my hand. its just not fair. i dont pay my rent or bills with my gross income, so why the hell should i get money deducted off me from centrelink for money i never get?

i know i should be thankful that im getting any money at all cos some countries have nothing like this. but sometimes its almost like they enjoy making life hard for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home