Monday, March 07, 2005

long time no blog

been way way to long since i have updated my blog...apolagies to all my worthy followers. hahaha.
well im @ uni, this is my 2nd week and i am just feeling so unbelievably overwhelmed today. i have so much reading to do, so much knowledge to cram in and im not so sure that im doing a very good job of it. i think i missed out on doing a quiz for one of my units, but there is just so much going on that im really just not sure!
ive come to the labs to print off a reading that i need to do so i can complete an out-of-class task that i THINK needs to be done by the next tute...in an hour. and the reading is way too long. i think im just gonna wing it and write it as best i can *eeeeek* i am prolly worrying and stressing way too much tho. i always have been a perfectionist when it comes to school. when i get a B its not good enough, it has to b an A. when i get a distinction its not good enough, it has to be a high distinction. but im going to have to snap out of those unreal expectations for myself becos i know that realistically i wont be able to achieve that in every unit and most people wont, so why beat MYSELF up for something that most other ppl wud struggle to achieve anyway? i guess i need to change my mentality and thinking in some areas of my life!

apart from that all is well. i really am loving uni!! haha. just feeling a little overwhelmed today is all.
had a real busy weekend. worked thurs night, all day friday, 11-4 sat and 1-5 on sunday after church...stupid idea. im totally burnt out, will never do it again. im seriously considering dropping my thursday night shifts so that i can use that time to study so i can enjoy my weekends more. i think it will be worth the $50-$60 that i dont get.

all is going well where im living, still waiting on a washing machine tho *ggrr* REALLY OVER hand washing all my clothes, towels and sheets now. i had a sense of humour about it for a few weeks, but yeh, not any more! hehe.

either way, LG, lifes good. haha. been hunting round madly for a lap top too, comparing prices etc. trying to get the best deal! which is rare for me, i usually see something, like it, get it. i think comparing a prices mite b a good habit for me to get into! help me to stop impulse buying.

i had a friend come over a few weeks ago and do my budget for me. which im so happy about....although it was slightly depressing i must say! but yeh, its helped me to realise how much money i spend on stuff i dont need and stuff that i cant afford and im so much more aware of my cash flow now so its great. i mean, fixing my bad financial habits will take a while, but yeh, this is sure gonna help :-) (thanks anna!)

well i must go, im using this blog as a means to delay writing my reflection for this thing thats due!

so great to be blogging again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home