Monday, January 24, 2005

accepting me.

im off to work in about 10 mins. but im pretty much all packed n ready so i thought id quickly jump on here. had a good weekend. been spending alot of time with friends from church and im loving it. i always knew they were good company but yeh, spending time with them has been really fulfilling and im enjoying it so much. there is no peer pressure or the feeling of needing to impress. its relaxed and friendly and fun. im really looking fwd to spending australia day with the whole crew at the foreshore. this time last yr i dont think i cud hav imagined anything worse than spending australia day with ppl from church. funny how things/ppl change.
ive started reading this book called "purpose driven life" and im really enjoying it. its a 40 day 'spiritual journey' and today was about how im no accident and god planned everything. he created me. and the question to consider was: "I know God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background and physical appearance am i struggling to accept?"
that really pierced my heart. i have no issues with my personality or background but my physical appearance really does bother me. i hate my freckles, i wish i had bigger boobs and my butt is too wobbly!! i cud also do with losing at least 2 kilo's. but its my freckles that get to me the most. becos they make me so abnormal. i would do ANYTHING to not have freckles and just be like everyone else. but...i guess this morning when i read that i realised that i God gave me freckles. and i shouldnt bring down wot God gave me. they arent going away and i just have to learn to see them as a feature im priveldged to have. which wont happen over night. but i can see now that i need to just accept how i am. afterall, everyone else does!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger ruthjanine said...

yes it is amazing how different things are this year to last year. last aussie day i sat there with little friends and feeling rather blahhh. now this time, i'm excited and feeling so overly blessed with incredible friends! these have been the best holidays ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home