Saturday, January 22, 2005

the week in summary

well its hard to believe that ive been back in australia for a week. my time in china feels like it almost didnt happen. it feels so far away, but it was only a week ago. A WEEK! so much has happened not just, thru situations but also in my mind. where do i even begin!?

well, i arrived in perth last saturday. i remember the flight from bris to perth...i checked my watch every 10 mins to half an hour to see how long it was til i arrived. i was gonna b seeing tyrone for the first time in 7 months and i was so pumped. more pumped about that than anything! as i walked out of the little hall way and into arrivals i searched for his face but didnt see it...so i kept walking, assuming he wasnt there yet. but he was. he was standing away from the ground, grinning. im not sure if he was grinning at me trying to find him or if he was happy to see me. haha. either way i didnt care i was so happy to see him :-)

sunday was my first day back at church. my beautiful ruth janine picked me up. i was so nervous. and i wasnt really in the mood for being interogated with questions...thankfully tho all the questions were the same and i gave the same answers, over and over again. it felt so right to be back.
sunday night cara and i went out (wow it was so good to b hanging out with her again) we went to a sunday a session in scarborough. got a lil bit tipsy but had a good time together. good laughs all round.

monday i called Farid at jeanswest and got my job back WOO HOO!!! i was so happy about that. so i went into claremont, signed the paper work and bought some work clothes. i then went into the city and bought some new shoes..so cute.

tuesday..hmm let me think.. im pretty sure i went and had lunch with ruth janine and anna..yeh i did! at hillary's. WOW. its so gorgeous at hillary's boat harbour. i forgot how amazing it is. u truly do need to b plucked from paradise before u realise that you were ever in it! perth is such an amazing and gorgeous city, i dont know how ppl cud live anywhere else. it felt like god was really showing off his creation that day to show me that perth was where i needed to be, its where my future lies for now.
after that i met up with julie, the lady i used to live with and i saw jack and her hubby erin too. that was nice. so good to see them all again!

hmm, wednesday, wot did i do?.... um. i know i went shopping. i think. gosh wots wrong with me. im getting tired. i know wednesday night i caught up with jay boy and we had a coffee. i cant remember the rest. HAHA.

thursday was my birthday. i turned 20..so hard to believe. i went and had my hair done (which i didnt end up liking) then i had lunch with my friend Lisa, then she dropped me off at work and i worked from 2-9pm. yep,,worked on me birthday! but i was ok with that. i knew that if i wasnt working i wudnt b doing anything anyway so it was prolly best.

friday i went to the hairdressers again to get my hair fixed! got more blonde put thru. so that was good. it looks MUCH better now! its a real dark rich brown with chunks of blonde thru the top. yay! then i worked at whitfords from 10:30-5pm. i got home and started getting ready. ty and i went out for dinner (for my bday). it was delicious. i bought a new outfit just for the occasion. a cute black mini and a green racer-back that had lace on the back and a pin on flower and i got this hot matching green clutch and i wore my black stileto's and some fake tan! haha. it looked pretty good if i do say so myself..lol and tyrone said he "rated the kit" we went to the GBT after dinner. didntstay too long. i kinda chuckeda bit of a sad at ty cos he wudnt dance. so we left and went back to my place. we hung out and chatted for a few hours. it was 1am wen he left. he's so precious. he got me this lovely card. about friendship. it really touched me. he gave me $100 and 100 rand (south african money) "for when you visit me in south africa"...haha. cheeky boy. reckons its only 1/2 my present tho and that he didnt have time to buy me wot he had in mind..hhmm mysterious! so we shall see.

today was ok. i was up at 6:30am. just automatically. i didnt have to work which was pretty cool. i got up, checked my email umm...then fi got up. we played with the dogs a bit. then we cleaned up the spare room so that i now have a sitting room for wen friends come over. then we went for a drive (i drove...yay) then we had lunch. then i hada nap. then i did some washing, then ruth janine picked me up at round 5:30pm and we went down the beach and met up with some ppl from church and we went for a run. i really enjoyed it. it totally wore me out hey, my calf muscles were like jelly. running on the sand is such hard work. i remember i had the BIGGEST outfit dilemna. i wanted to wear my new pink short-shorts. but i was like "no, ppl will think im a tart and that its innappropriate to wear clothes like that if ur a christian" which i guess is rediculous but i was really worried. then i thought, "stuff this, i wear clothes like this, and i happen to like them, and the worst that cud happen is to have ppl talk about me behind my back so if ppl wanna talk about my choice of clothing behind my back they can! im not gonna change who i am to pls other ppl!!" and that was that. turned out some of the girls liked them. haha. gosh i worry too much.
so yeh, the jog was awesome fun. hopefully i can go with the crew more often.
then after that some of the girls came back to my place and we watched a chick flick and ate popcorn and chocies and lollies. it was real nice.
but right about now i am so tired.

for some strange reason tho im feeling a little hollow. and i dont know wot it is. like something is missing. part of me feels a little sad. it has been for the last couple of days but ive supressed in an effort to stop it from overcoming me. i dont know wot it is, or why its rising up inside me.

things really hav been going so amazing for me tho. getting my job back, getting into uni! OH YEH! thats wot happened on wednesday! i got into uni! haha. so yeh i really am so happy. i guess with such an amazing positive start to the year its got me thinking how amazing the rest of the year will be and wondering wot will come of 2005. i wonder where ill end up living? i wonder if ill meet a nice guy? i wonder how ill feel come new years 2006. will i have a sense of completion and happiness? i hope so. cos things really are looking up for me. and im so happy.

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger ruthjanine said...

YAY! i know things are so good (in general with amazing blessings) i have to pinch myself!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

Hey Carrie!! So Glad youre back hey!! you gotta become a regular in the jogging crew, and i need to get me a pair of hot pink shorts like yours...(seriously.) Youre so beautiful!!!! :) *muwah*

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

Hey Carrie!! So Glad youre back hey!! you gotta become a regular in the jogging crew, and i need to get me a pair of hot pink shorts like yours...(seriously.) Youre so beautiful!!!! :) *muwah*

PS> its weird i was thinking about this the other day - its as if you never left!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home