Wednesday, September 29, 2004

men!!!

in the theme of man bashing i thought id insert this little article that my mum found in real old magazine that she came across last night. we have been having private jokes about how annoying men are the last day or too so both got a real kick out of this. its nothing earth shattering, but funny little stories...

MEN!!!
(by colette mann, from New Idea)
When it comes to me and men, I'm never right.
I know I'm sounding like Jerry Seinfeld, but truly - what is it with men? And why do they treat women with brains as some type of alien anti-species?
Problem # 1
Earlier this year I was battling with a sports official - male - in charge of Sam's team. The overwhelming lack or organisation and interest in the junior B side was really getting up my nose.
But the higher i went up the team hierarchy the more men I came across and everywhere was the same response - a blank stare, a giant 'hurummpphh' and a huge pass of the buck. Why is it that when a woman states her case, she is seen as either stirrer or a man-hating feminist terrorist?
Why can't we be viewed as concerned citizens and/or mothers or even better, heroines to the cause? All a bloke has to do is kick a goal on the siren to be a hero.
Outcome # 1 = Not a lot. The buck is still circulating!
Problem # 2
Today i visited my GP - male - to get a prescription for my natural hormone treatment. Fifty minutes later i emerged after arguing why i didnt want traditional HRT.
The "male dr V the big booby blonde" debate has been going on for two years. You'd think he'd give up!
I've dont readin and i dont believe HRT is for me. It's a decision I made on an informed opinion.
I love my GP. But I was married to a dr once, and when he said 'Till death do us part' I believed him. That was my first mistake. I've never trusted a dr since.
Outcome # 2 = I got my script, but am girding my loins for the next stoush!
Problem # 3
I convinced John to paint Charlie's room. At the paint shop, i explained the colour mis I wanted for the 'dirty blue' Charlie and i had agreed on. I showed the shop assistant - male - the colour and asked him to double the blue and purple tint.
"You dont want to do that", he muttered. "It'll look awful."
"That's what I want," i recounted.
"No you don't," he said.
I explained I understoodtints and - he wasnt listening! I was a big dumb blonde. He made up the tint as per the card and not as per my request! We paid and left with me seething.
Outcome # 3 = The baby blue paint he mixed i still in the tin and not on the walls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home