Thursday, September 16, 2004

hope

i have been battling with myself about alot of things. my place in ch-ch especially. but the last 24 hours have been so huge for me. i know the battle is not over, it never is, but i know for sure that either way i have won.
its so clear to me now that anyone can quit but it takes guts to tough things out and push through those barriers that seem impossible to push through. but with Him nothing shall be impossible.
last night i feel He told me that next year will be tough for me. The things that He is telling me to do will make life very busy. it all seems very overwhelming, and most certainly impossible. but it wont be done in my strenth. it will be a time where my relationship with Him will HAVE to flourish. He told me that i will HAVE to rely on Him and rely in His strength.
Things that i would usually waste my money on will have to stop. My faith for a car will have to increase. I am going to save for a trip. i know everything will fall into place. He knows my needs and he knows my desires. im very scared. but i feel that since i am so challenged that it must be His will. If its easy it cant be something with huge results.
i want to type out some devotionals that i read lately. they spoke to me so much and its something i dont want to forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 15..."Supernatural Connection"
Psalm 118:6..."The Lord is with me; i will not be afraid. what can man do to me?"
You dont have to be afraid! I may look as if everything is falling down around your feet, but dont react to it. Just stand your ground. Be like the little guy who came into my office some 20 years ago and said, "Kenneth, I've quit my job. I've decided to live by faith and preach the Bible."
I sat there and looked at him thinking. "He coudnt breach his way out of a paper sack! Lord, it won't be 90 days before this guy will be back wanting money." The Lord answered, "Then give some!" (that ened right there!)
That young fellow didnt look like he had much going for him, but he had dug unto the Word and spent hours upon hours listening to messages and studying his Bible. Over the next few years, some people told him he couldnt preach. (not me. i was smart enough to keep my mouth shut) Still he wouldnt let go. Others told him he wouldnt amount to a hill of beans. Be he wouldnt let go.
He went into one of his first meetings only to find a transformer had blown and the lights wouldnt work. Instead of canceling the meeting, he walked up to the podium and hollered, 'Let there be light!' sure enough, the lights came on. he just wouldnt give in. He stayed connected to faith.
I asked him once, "what would you have done if the lights hadnt come on?"..."I'd still be stand there hollering at them," he said.
That fellow is still connected to faith today. Just think what a loss it would have been to the Body of Christ if he had disconnected from faith and let fear stop his ministry. It would be just as great a loss to us all if you stop short of your calling as well. So stay connected to faith - and Gods power will stay connected to you!
Read: Joshua 10:1-14
Confession: The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid of what man can do to me. (Psalm 118:6)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 16...The Best Timesaver of All!

Proverbs 4:7-9..."Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdome. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honour you."

"I'm just too busy!"
That the number one reason christians give for failing to spend time with God. Teenagers run from one activity to the next taking care of their social life. Business people rush out the door early every morning and fall into bed exhausted at night. It seems we spend hours thinking how to squeeze more time out of each day. Our schedules are so packed, the demands on our lives are so heavy, that it just doesn't seem we have time to give much attention to the bible or prayer.
The truth is, we don't have the time not to! When your heart is full of God's promises, when trouble comes, Hid word is the first thing out of your mouth. To have your heart ful of His pomises, you need to do what Joshua 1:8 says: You need to "mediate on the word." To meditate means to fix your mind. So fix your mind on what the Bible says every day. Apply it to yourself personally. Allow the Holy Spirit to make it real to you.
Carefully ponder how what you've read applies to your life. Ask yourself, "what does this say to me? what does it mean in my life? How can it change my situation?" Then place yourself in agreement with what God says about you in that passage. Make up your mind that you are who God says you are. You can do what God says you can do. You can have what he says you can have. Put yourself in agreement with Him, then receive it.
I know you're busy. There are tremendous demands made on you every day. But God promises that if you'll keep His Word in front of you, you'll know how to succeed in all you do. Now, that sounds like a real time saver to me!
Read: Proverbs 3:1-8
Confession: I get and esteem wisdom. Wisdom exalts me and brings me honor. (Proverbs 4:7-8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

YAY you got a blog!! join the club!! heheh

Anyways i just wanted to say i know where youre coming from, i felt exactly the same when i started going to sunsetcoast.... but just hold on to Gods promises for you - he is faithful!!!

Sometimes when things look hard, or too difficult - put your head down and just keep walking....keep pushing through those barriers, there are great blessings to those who stand firm!! :)

Love you and miss you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home