Wednesday, October 05, 2005

oh what a feeling

i think this is the first time in my life where i feel like i am doing what im actually meant to be doing. i know i am fulfilling my destiny. next week i go on my two week block for professional experience and i couldnt be more excited! Last night i was brainstorming some more ideas for lessons and went to bed buzzing with ideas and plans. as i lay in bed i thought "wow! i just KNOW teaching is for me!" i msged my friend ty and said "is this wot it feels like when your doing wot u were born to do?" cos that is how i felt. i cant even explain it.

today i phoned my mentor teacher just to clarify a few things and explain to her some of my ideas. she seemed happy with all of them and gave me lots of encouragement. i got off the fone with an even greater buzz!
then i sat down and wrote my first lesson plan. as i was writing it God really was just giving me all these wonderful ideas of what to say and do to make the lesson engaging. i went to work feeling rather hypo!

at work there were so many kids that came in and i had so much fun playing and chatting with them. there was one girl who i was talking to and admiring her hair and her little pink fur jacket. i could tell she just LOVED all the compliments. before she left with her mum she said "excuse me" then handed me a lollipop and said "this is for you" with a sweet little grin. i was so shocked! i asked why she was giving it to me, but she just smiled. i knew it was cos i was nice to her..or something like that anyway. it really touched me hey. that a young child gave me a lollipop! so cute!!!

then after work i had to go and grab a few things for my prac. one of my lessons is introducing the letter 'w'. i have to dress up as a witch-much to my disgust. howeva im dressing up as a 'white witch' to i look less sinister. so i went and bought a nose with a Wart on it. and bought some White cardboard and White lace for my hat. then i went home and made the hat and tried it on with my nose. it looks so good hey. (well...as good as a witch can look!)
wow
im so excited!
i really am doing what i am destined to do and i cant even explain the buzz im feeling.

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger ruthjanine said...

haha! that person is compliamenting you so you'll go look at their advertisment!!!!

Hey caz i'm sooo happy for you! seriously this is so wonderful. I was sitting in class thinking a similar thing, that this is really what i'm meant to do. God's amazing hey!

You will be an INCREDIBLE teacher - the kids love you more than you love them. You're changing generations with your kind heart - they will remember you for the rest of their lives! Talk about an impact!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger ToNyAKAsErG said...

this is a quote i once read..

I teach. I touch eternity.

Dont know who said it.. but i think they said it well..
Good to read that ur passionate about teaching..

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Mr said...

i agree with Ruth. Thank God for placing fun and loving people like you in the lives of children

 

Post a Comment

<< Home